lxr, bonsai, doxygen and viewcvs

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Fri Jul 8 16:15:23 EDT 2005

Just browsing How To Help after the message on users about valid HTML and came
across the (IIRC old) tips on how to help as a webmaster:
http://www.gnucash.org/en/contribute.phtml

" We'd like somebody to help set up and maintain all those neat development
tools that a 'real' project should have, such as lxr and bonsai, and maybe a
bug-tracking tool, or other bits & pieces."

So how does LXR compare to ViewCVS that we now have?
http://lxr.linux.no/
http://viewcvs.sourceforge.net/

How does bonsai compare to Doxygen that has many kb of content distributed
throughout the source tree?
http://www.mozilla.org/bonsai.html
http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/

It's only idle curiosity really.

Personally, I'm v.happy with viewcvs (use it locally) and doxygen (which is
particularly useful when generated locally and has LOTS of under-utilised
options). Each of my other projects use doxygen themselves.

--

Neil Williams