build system proposals for gnome2-branch

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Jul 20 16:54:49 EDT 2005

Hi all,

ok, now I've put together a proposal of what can be changed in the
gnome2-branch.  I'd suggest

- removal of acinclude.m4 -- it contains heaps of very old, legacy macros

- adding 2-3 unavoidable legacy macros into file macros/legacy_macros.m4
(attached)

- removal of ltmain.sh -- it should be installed by running libtoolize

- changing of macros/autogen.sh, diff attached.

The changes to autogen.sh are

-	ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I $GNOME2_PATH/share/aclocal $ACLOCAL_FLAGS"
+	# if GNOME2_PATH contains several directories, separate them properly
+	TMP_PATH=`echo $GNOME2_PATH | sed 's/:/ -I /g' `
+	ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I $TMP_PATH/share/aclocal $ACLOCAL_FLAGS"

to tolerate env variable GNOME2_PATH=/opt/gnome:/usr/bla/bla, and then
commenting in the libtoolize calls. Oh, and most importantly fix one typo

-      macrosdir=`find . -name macros -print`
+      macrodirs=`find . -name macros -print`

If people agree, I would ask to apply this to gnucash-gnome2-dev. I don't have
time anymore and not for this week, so the end-test should be done by someone
else.

Regards,

Christian