G2 bug

Brian dol-sen at telus.net
Sun Jul 31 16:41:02 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-31-07 at 15:51 -0400, Josh Sled wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-07-31 at 13:13 -0400, Phil Longstaff wrote:
> > There is a bug in G2 when the "create saved transactions since last" dialog
> > opens.  The dialog grows vertically constantly at about 8-9 Hz (small jumps
> > per sec).  I took a quick look but haven't yet found where this would happen.
>
> Wow... I've not seen that since the dialog's inception.  I believe the
> problem is in the resize logic of the register... if it's the same
> problem as then.
>
> ...jsled

I haven't looked into it, but we had a problem in pygtk that the
"size-request" connection had to be last or it caused an endless
recursive loop.  Don't know if it might help track the problem.

code snipit:
            # MUST! do this command last, or nothing else will _init__
            # after it until emerge is finished.
            # Also causes runaway recursion.
            self.window.connect("size_request", self.on_size_request)

--
Brian <dol-sen at telus.net>