G2 Testing - Gnucash Preferences

Volker Englisch Volker at englisch.us
Wed Nov 2 21:30:54 EST 2005

>>I already reported this somewhere else:
>>When the calendar is selected with the keyboard (press Enter) the focus
>>doesn't switch to the calendar and it's not possible to select a date
>>with the keyboard.
>

> I don't see this problem.  The arrow keys don't change the date, but the
> normal date selection keys (+/-, shift-+/shift--, ]/[, M/H, Y/R) all
> seem to work.

OK.  I get it now.  I had seen that you're able to move the focus within
the calendar with the arrow keys (even though, as I just found out, this
doesn't have any effect in terms of selecting the date).
In this example you can see that the highlighted date is set by using
the +/-, etc. keys while the framed date is selected by using the arrow
keys.  The latter type of selection should probably be turned off.
   http://www.englisch.us/~volker/G2_Testing/RegCal2.jpg

>>Something new I've noticed (this is also related to the calendar):
>>If I open the calendar by clicking on the down-arrow, the calendar is
>>displayed.  Clicking again closes the calendar window.  At this point
>>the down-arrow button low-lights (the focus is still on the button).
>>If I now click with the mouse again to open the calendar _without having
>>moved the mouse off the button_(!) nothing happens.  You can click the
>>button as much as you'd like without any action.
>>You must move the mouse off the button and back on again in order for
>>the button to high-light again and the mouse click to have the desired
>>effect.
>

> Where is this?  I tried this on the "start date" field in the
> transaction editor and it worked every time.  I'm pretty sure I've seen
> this elsewhere, but I can't remember where.

It's in the Preferences.  Please see
   http://www.englisch.us/~volker/G2_Testing/PrefCal.jpg
(the button in the red circle)

>>>This should currently work for all dialog windows.  I'm still working on
>>>the code for the main content windows.
>>
>>I can confirm this for the Preferences, Find, and Tax Options window but
>>when I open the 'Edit Account' window this is not true.
>>I opened the window and increased the window size.
>>I closed the window.
>>I opened the window; it appears as if the window starts out with the
>>larger window size but immediately falls back to the original size.
>>If I save the data file, close GC, open GC again, open the 'Edit
>>Account' window, the larger window _does_ display.
>>However, closing the window again and reopening it reverts the window
>>size back to the original size.
>

> I don't see this problem at all.  The window always opens at the saved
> size for me.  What distro are you running?

I'm running FC4.

I think you are opening the 'Edit Account' window from the 'Accounts'
window using the Edit button.  I am opening the window from the Register
window using the Edit -> 'Edit Account' menu option.
It appears that the window size always reverts back to the original when
using the menu but stays (at least most of the time) when using the Edit
button

--
Thanks

     Volker Englisch