Radically improve autogen.sh - cannot build trunk.

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Sat Nov 5 16:20:13 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 20:36 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Saturday 05 November 2005 5:32 pm, Christian Stimming wrote:
> >         * autogen.sh: Replace old crufty autogen.sh script with
> >         * radically
> >         simplified version. Simply call all helper programs in one
> >         sequence and that's it.
>
> Is it just me? I can't build using this new autogen.sh script:

Works for me on FC4.

> aclocal: configure.in: 183: macro `AM_CFLAGS' not found in library

That's the only reference to AM_CFLAGS in configure.in and executing it
is conditional on being on a darwin system.  Don't know what that means
though.  Aclocal shouldn't know or care what system you're on.

> What have I missed?
>
> I've done a make distclean - no change.
>
> I've also tried with a completely clean svn checkout - same result.

This also works for.

> Also, does this change mean I need to run ./configure manually from now on?

I saw discussion both ways.

> Wouldn't it be nice to call ./configure seeing as the options have already
> been given to ./autogen ?

Autogen.sh no longer pays any attention to the arguments.

David