[Gnucash-changes] r11921 - gnucash/trunk - adding a libqof file to translation

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Nov 13 14:40:33 EST 2005

Quoting Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk>:

> On Sunday 13 November 2005 5:47 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Neil,
>>
>> Neil Williams <codehelp at cvs.gnucash.org> writes:
>> > +src/app-utils/test/test-exp-parser.c
>> > +src/app-utils/test/test-link-module.c
>> > +src/app-utils/test/test-print-parse-amount.c
>> > +src/app-utils/test/test-print-queries.c
>> > +src/app-utils/test/test-scm-query-string.c
>>
>> Why did you re-add these files to POTFILES.in?
>
> I used the script - make-gnucash-potfiles - that I had just amended (via
> make-gnucash-postfiles.in) to bring in the one libqof file. Should there be
> an exclusion in the script for such files?

Saves time running gettext?

> Do we need to carry POTFILES.in in SVN at all? There's no particular problem
> having these files in POTFILES.in if they contain no translatable strings,
> might as well leave it to the script? (isn't that why it's created?)

Good question.  I think we need it in SVN in order to reduce the workload
of people building it..  So we don't need to include the make-potfiles
script in the build system.

> Whilst we are talking about files not needed in SVN (like those account
> examples), what is the status of RPC? It's deprecated but is there a reason
> to continue with it in svn?

I think it's safe to remove the RPC backend from gnucash/trunk at this time.
I suspect (but I'm not sure) that it's also safe to remove src/backend/net