Some utf-8 menu items give Gtk-WARNING **: Invalid input string

Christian Krause chkr at plauener.de
Sat Nov 19 10:54:34 EST 2005

Hi,

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 13:18:36 +0100, Christian Stimming wrote:

> as I'm checking the translated SVN-HEAD version, I recently noticed in
> LANG=de_DE that some menu items are not added correctly into the menus.
> Namely, two reports with non-ascii characters (German umlauts) in their name
> will cause a "Gtk-WARNING **: Invalid input string" and in the menu there
> will be an empty line instead of the label.

> To reproduce: "LANG=de_DE gnucash" ; you will immediatly see the "invalid
> input string" on the console; then go into the "Reports" / "Berichte" menu,
> then you see one empty line instead of the "Account Summary" /
> "Kontenübersicht" menu item; the other empty item is in the submenu "_Income
> & Expense" /  "_Erträge & Aufwendungen" and it was supposed to be the
> "Income Piechart" / "Erträge Tortendiagramm".

Yes, the same here. :-(

But I wonder why do you use LANG=de_DE and not LANG=de_DE.UTF-8.
I'm not sure, which one is more correct (although you'll get nice EUR
symbols instead of the string "EUR" if you use LANG=de_DE.UTF-8), but
I've read on several places on the net that de_DE.UTF-8 should be the
correct one.

Unfortunately this doesn't fix the problem.

Best regards,
Christian