libgsf, goffice and gnucash

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Nov 20 12:25:09 EST 2005

On Sunday 20 November 2005 2:30 pm, David Hampton wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 10:53 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> > Making that:
> >   g_warning ("Only read %d bytes, asked for %d",
> >      num_read, (int)num_bytes);
> > allows the build to continue but that's just my quick and dirty hack!
>
> If num_bytes is a size_t or ssize_t, then this should be:
>
>   g_warning ("Only read %d bytes, asked for %zd",
>      num_read, num_bytes);

That works for size_t but in trunk/src/core-utils/gnc-gkeyfile-utils.c on OSX,
the build halts with:

warning: signed size_t format, ssize_t arg (arg 6)
Line: 126 and repeats line 129.

Mac OSX requires that the 'z' is dropped for ssize_t.

Debian appears not to care which way it goes, I just removed the 'z' from each
line and recompiled - no errors, no problems.

Are you happy for me to commit this change, David?

--

Neil Williams