[Gnucash-changes] r11993 - gnucash/branches/goffice-update -Fix unnecessary subdirectory handling of config headers

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Nov 21 03:16:18 EST 2005

Neil Williams schrieb:
> Whilst it's in the remit, do we need:
>
>>>    -I$(top_builddir)/lib/goffice-0.0.4		\
>
> as well as
>
>>>+    -I$(top_srcdir)/lib/goffice-0.0.4 		\
>
> Which is better?

Usually the "srcdir" one is sufficient -- except for when the include
directory also contains headers that are generated at compile time, such
as "version.h" generated from a "version.h.in" or similar. In that case
you definitely need both, since the non-generated headers will reside in
"srcdir..." and the generated ones will reside in "builddir...".

The caveat here is that during normal compilation both directories are
equal so you won't notice any difference. They are different during e.g.
"make distcheck" so that one will fail with weird include errors if you
got this wrong.

Christian