Building GnuCash on 64-bit failed

Volker Englisch Volker at englisch.us
Thu Nov 24 02:28:01 EST 2005

Hi all and Happy Thanksgiving!

I was busy the last few weeks setting up my new machine but I'm up and
running again and will soon be able to do some more testing.

My machine is an AMD64 and I'm running FC4.
When I run 'make' the compilation stops with the following error message:

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
gog-graph.c: In function 'gog_graph_ref_data':
gog-graph.c:380: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
gog-graph.c:395: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
gog-graph.c:400: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
gog-graph.c: In function 'gog_graph_unref_data':
gog-graph.c:435: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
gog-graph.c:446: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
gog-graph.c:449: warning: cast from pointer to integer of different size
make[6]: *** [gog-graph.lo] Error 1
make[6]: Leaving directory
`/home/venglisc/gnucash/g2-devel/gnucash/lib/goffice/graph'
make[5]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory
`/home/venglisc/gnucash/g2-devel/gnucash/lib/goffice/graph'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/home/venglisc/gnucash/g2-devel/gnucash/lib/goffice'
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/venglisc/gnucash/g2-devel/gnucash/lib/goffice'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/venglisc/gnucash/g2-devel/gnucash/lib'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/venglisc/gnucash/g2-devel/gnucash'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Compiling on my 32-bit machine works without error.
Are there any special compile options I will have to use?

--
Thanks

     Volker Englisch

mailto:Volker at Englisch.us    (h)