font problem in ledger view (gnucash 2.x)

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Fri Nov 25 16:54:37 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 17:06 +0100, Christian Krause wrote:
> Hi,
>
> During playing with gnucash 2.x I've found an annoying problem:
>
> In each "ledger" or "journal" view (sorry, but is this the correct word
> for the view of an account with all its transactions?), all columns with
> numbers which are right-justified (at least: Date, Deposit, Withdrawel,
> Balance) looks weired, because for in all cells the last part of the
> numbers (it seems like two vertical pixel lines) is cut off.
>
> It this a known problem or does anybody has an idea, what's the reason
> for it?

I don't see the problem. I've got a clear 4 pixel margin between the
last number and the vertical black line.

> If necessary I could send a small image of the problem to the list.

Please do.

What font are you using as your system font?  Have you tried different
fonts?  This is probably just a miscalculation of where to start drawing
the text in the register window.

I tried changing from a 10 point font to a 14 point font to see what
would happen.  My numbers all still look fine, but the bottom of every
line of text is now cut off.  Clearly there are still some problems here
calculating sizes.

David

P.S. You can change the font just for gnucash by creating the file
~/.gtkrc-2.0.gnucash and adding the following:
--- CUT HERE ---
style "gnc-register"
{
  font_name    = "Sans 14"
}
widget "*.GnucashSheet" style "gnc-register"
--- CUT HERE ---