G2 Testing - gconf Druid

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Sun Nov 27 22:45:51 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 23:37 -0500, Volker Englisch wrote:

> However, when selecting the Forward button for the first time from the
> "Choose Method" window with the option "Update search path" selected,
> the window size of the next window titled "Update Search Path" is
> slightly larger then the previous window (about 5 - 10 pixels).  Moving
> back and forth between these two windows afterwards does not change the
> window size any more.

I don't see this.  If anything, its gtk adjusting for the size of the
text on the "Update search path" page.  Not something to worry about.

> By the way, shouldn't the window titles "Install into home directory"
> and "Update search path" be capitalized?  I'm just wondering.

There's no explicit statement about this in the HIG, but the one example
druid page they show only capitalizes the first letter.  Most of the
other windows in that section of the document also use this same
capitalization scheme.  I've updated the druid so all the titles use
this same format.

> There is one issue I can foresee though:  The option of the command
>    gconftool-2 --shutdown
> appears - due to the font - to be just a single dash '-' instead of two
> dash '--'.  Maybe it's possible to add an extra space between those
> dashes or to display the command in a fixed type font to make it more
> obvious?

Have to think about this one.

> I couldn't find the note in the druid indicating that the file must
> appear in the search path when selecting "I'll do it myself".

I only put the statement into the text when you ask gnucash to run the
script.  It doesn't matter to the user whether or not the script is in
their path as they can always type the full path name.  To
programmatically execute the script, it needs to either be in the search
path or the full path name of the script has to be embedded into the
executable.  I was trying to avoid the latter.

David