Budget questions. (wordy)

Daniel Widyono widyono at widyono.seas.upenn.edu
Tue Nov 8 23:43:26 EST 2005

Phew!  What a thorough education that y'all are giving me, on something I
thought was *VERY* simple.  IMHO I think the best thing would be to make
budgeting as flexible as possible (e.g. in this case, allow budgeting of more
than just I/E) and then *document the heck out of the different standard
usages / methodologies (e.g. business best practices vs. standard home
user)*.

You'd be invoking the old unix standby of giving 'em enough rope to hang
themselves with, and then teaching them through "man pages" (ca. 1980's) /
"html docs" (ca. 1990's) / "cms's" (ca. 2000's) / "ODF's" (forever)... dates
stretched via comic license.

Also, I really do enjoy the free Finances 101 lessons I get on this list.  It
gives me a new appreciation (no pun intended) of the $1 car I "bought" some
time ago, as well as all the pain I go through to try to budget my personal
finances.

_Thank you_
Dan W.