Gnucash CVS broken again - ? Not on FC3/OSX/Debian.

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Sun Oct 2 01:56:41 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 23:06 -0400, David Hampton wrote:
> Two commits later I can now compile gnucash again, but the program
> consistently crashes when I exit.  ...  Any idea what might have
> changed to cause the problem?  I've looked at your changes and
> nothing jumps out at me.

I tracked this down to your change to xaccAccountCommitEdit()
that convert QOF_COMMIT_EDIT_PART1 from a macro to a function call.  In
doing so you didn't properly convert the exit conditions, so that inputs
to xaccAccountCommitEdit() that used to cause the function to bail early
now have no effect at all.  I have reverted this one change from your
commit and am now successfully able to run gnucash with my data file.

You also made the same mistakes with exit conditions in the conversion
of QOF_BEGIN_EDIT from a macro to a function.  In this case you got
lucky that there was no code in xaccAccountBeginEdit() following the
call to qof_begin_edit() so the code ends up working as expected.  If
code is ever added to this function after the call to qof_begin_edit()
then all bets are off.

David