building 1.8 (was: "make dist" shouldn't create doxygen documentation)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Oct 11 05:24:08 EDT 2005

Dear Chris,

I regularly build 1.8 on my suse9.3 system, which is "relatively modern"
(the successor suse10.0 was released just last week). I think I even
completed "make distcheck" successfully a few days ago, but I might be
wrong on that. However, similar to Derek I haven't tried this with a
clean checkout for some time. Nevertheless "make dist" completes
successfully and the resulting tarball will directly compile.

Christian