targeting Debian

Thomas Bushnell BSG tb at becket.net
Sun Oct 16 16:04:25 EDT 2005

It's *too late* to target Debian sarge for things.  The time to do
that was before sarge was frozen, months ago.

But it is plenty of time to target the next Debian release (etch).

It's also not clear to me whether we're talking about the G2 branch or
the 1.8 branch.  There's been recent talk about a new 1.8 release, but
then the list of library versions requested includes many gnome-2
libraries.

Debian is all about systems integration; my job as the Debian
developer is to arrange that part.  My job is a *bajillion* times
easier if y'all don't deliberately set out to target deprecated
libraries.

Thomas