QOF 0.6.0 released!

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Mon Oct 24 05:04:49 EDT 2005

On Monday 24 October 2005 1:01 am, David Hampton wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-10-23 at 15:45 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > QOF - Query Object Framework - library to add a query engine to C
> > applications with generic XML backend. A SQL database is not needed; any
> > collection of C/C++ objects can act as tables. Used by GnuCash, GnoTime,
> > pilot-QOF, cashutil and qof-gen (The upcoming GnuCash Gnome2 port will
> > use QOF externally for the first time.)
> >
> > QOF v0.6.0 (libqof1) is finally on full release.
>
> So what do we do with Chris Shoemaker's outstanding budget patches that
> were posted a week ago which add code to src/bakcend/file to save/load
> budget information.  QOF v0.6.1?

src/backend/file is not part of QOF. It is loaded by QOF functions but it is
inherently part of gnucash. Eventually, it will be shared with cashutil but
that's not of concern at this time.

src/backend/qsf is part of QOF and that will automatically handle all and any
objects registered with QOF without any changes. It doesn't matter what
objects you add, QSF can handle any object that can be registered with QOF
without any changes to the src/backend/qsf code.

GnuCash is free to make changes to src/backend/file - within the limits of the
QOF API (QofBackendProvider etc.) You don't need any releases of QOF to do
that.

--

Neil Williams