gnome2 gnucash in Debian experimental

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 16:51:37 EDT 2005

On Friday 02 September 2005 9:21 pm, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Yeah; that's g-wrap, not gnucash. :)

Sorry, I shouldn't have assumed you knew the connection.

> Well, I'm not the g-wrap maintainer, and I don't know anything about
> it.  Nothing in bug #323462 mentions gnucash, and gnucash doesn't
> depend on g-wrap anyway.  So I can't for the life of me tell why the
> g-wrap bug is blocking anything gnucash-related.  Enlighten me?

The gwrap bug showed up in gnucash when I tried to build G2 from source after
a gwrap update to 1.9. I had to downgrade to 1.3 which won't build with gcc4
using default settings (which upgrade warnings to errors). Only by disabling
the use of warnings as errors can I build G2 - the problem is that by doing
that I don't always catch errors in the code that break the build for those
who *can* build with gwrap 1.9 and gcc4.

It would be useful to know if you can reproduce this bug when you build G2 on
sid.

> This is the *gnucash* list.  I'm asking about *gnucash* bugs, which
> you said you had, or at least "problems".

GNOME2_STATUS covers most, I've got my own "incomplete" code that could have a
long list of bugs that simply reflect what is still needing to be written /
tested / bug fixed.
:-(

> I'm thinking of packaging the gnome-2 branch of gnucash for Debian
> experimental.  Are there concerns or comments?

IMHO, I'm not sure that G2 is ready even for experimental. What's the reason
for packaging a CVS branch that is undergoing such frequent changes?

--

Neil Williams