Automake warnings in lib/goffice on Debian

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Fri Sep 16 11:47:04 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 14:55 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > I would advice against -Wno-error but rather switching off those
> > particular warnings as described above. OTOH of course goffice shouldn't
> > be fixed by us but rather by upstream.
>
> I think it's a case of our goffice being an incomplete copy of a snapshot that
> is under continuing development. Each release breaks ours a little more.

No.  We've not updated the admittedly incomplete copy since it's initial
import; our breakages are our own. :)

I don't expect that we will update it again either.  The main issue of
contention is dependency-versions, around gnome-print and other gnome
libraries that the official version of goffice is using.  I do expect
that we'll disable features (e.g. printing support) rather than try to
make them work.

OTOH, it would be really nice to either:

- match the in-CVS libgoffice layout and files; I just made it
  compile in the quickest and dirtiest way I could, with little
  understanding of what should and shouldn't move into libgoffice,
  and where it should go.

- do another copy of libgoffice as it exists now, and rollback it's
  dependencies to ours.

But since we have something right now that does bascially work, either
seems lower-prio at the moment in the face of the rest of GNOME2_STATUS.

...jsled