Question on modifing User Guide

David Herman dvherman at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 16:00:13 EDT 2006

I have a archive of my changes to the Concept/User Guide for GnuCash
Chapter 8 (Investments).  I've updated the screenshots, installed the
comments in the BZ reports that I've seen and modified some of the
grammar/spelling (also probably inserted some errors of mine).

The archive contains the new screenshots images, a DIFF between new XML
and the XML from 1.8.5 (the latest doc I found), and the new
"ch_invest.xml".

Suggestions on where to place this archive (1.2M) are needed, as are
reviewers.

This is a draft for comments/suggestions.

Observations from working on the update;

1) There appears to be inconsistencies in screen names and enter forms
using "commodity" and "security".  Working through creating new security
account (Guide 8.4.2) brings up a screen (New Account) to select
commodity, then a screen labeled "Select Security", then a screen "New
Commodity".

Should these terms be combined "Commodity/Security", defined, or
ignored?  Do you really track Commodities as "Corn, Wheat, ...)?

2) What is the proper term for the "mark" next to the account name that
signifies that there are sub-accounts present?

Dave Herman