Modify Chapter 8

Chris Lyttle chris at wilddev.net
Wed Apr 12 20:53:53 EDT 2006

David Herman wrote:

> I created a single HTML file then ran ti through OpenOffice to create a
> PDF file - nearly 200 pages (included "most" of the images).  Are "we"
> creating a "tome" that will contain almost all the information that a
> user needs - but will never read? for sure never print!
>
> How about priorities - should the highest priority be to update what
> exists with; new screen-shots, correcting reports issues, new
> features/reports.  Then make additions when the Guide is ready for 2.0?
>
> Dave

Oh that brings up something else you may want to know, almost all of the
gnucash-help.xml file was created with OpenOffice. It can and does edit
xml docbook. Its been a while since I played with it so I dont know
where support for it is atm.

I think priority should be;
1) Update screenshots
2) Update obvious changed content where possible (such as feature name
changes)
3) Add new content

Not sure what you mean by reports issues tho.

Chris