splash screen

Ervin Peters ervin.peters at ervnet.de
Sat Apr 15 13:24:06 EDT 2006

Some Ideas:

I'd like to see a basket or a bunch of currency-signs in the
background, or some animated currency signs dancing in an circle.

Gnucash is focussing on the administration of money as an abstraktion
of properties, not on the grabbing of money.
AFAIK GnuCash can deal with any currency, it can be used with the
monopoly-currency too, or needles, or buttons.

Another thing migt be to have an abstracted journal in the background -
like the matrix screensaver (xscreensavers) which scrolls the journal
continiously. Maybe some account of some telefon sanitizers of
Golgafrincham, or the changes of an account through the timejourney to
the Restaurant at the end of the universe.

Just my few minutes of thinking time.

ervin

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 09:41:07 +0200 (CEST)
Fabien COELHO <fabien at coelho.net> wrote:

>Hello Patrick,
>
>> I would like to offer a "new" splash screen nonetheless. If you've
>> got the time of day and are remotely interested, check out
>> www.spiffykitty.com/gnucashsplash for variations on your current
>> flying window's theme.
>
>Here are my two euro-cents comments:
>
>Do you plan to localize the splashscreen so that it displays something
>other that a USA one dollar bill? It happens that this is not the
>money of around 6 billion people out there;-) Also, the "dollar-green"
>color does not mean money everywhere.
>
>Also, ISTM that the pie-chart colors are too bright wrt what is around.
>
>Have a nice day,
>
>--
>Fabien.

Ervin Peters