Are we ready for the 2.0.0 release in mid-May?

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Fri Apr 28 13:29:59 EDT 2006

--On April 28, 2006 11:16:39 AM +0200 Christian Stimming
<stimming at tuhh.de> wrote:

> Additionally, we should think a little bit about the newly introduced
> features and whether they are ready for showtime already.
> Specifically, are the "budgeting"-related features really working
> good enough? If they are not, then we should probably disable the
> respective menu/toolbar items and re-enable slightly later. I don't
> know the budgeting code and features; I only know the new mt940
> importer. That one has reportedly been tested and is simple enough so
> that I would claim it is ready for 2.0.0. Any thoughts about the
> various other new features?

What about lots?  I've been playing around with them a bit and they
don't really seem ready for use.  They are effectively disabled right
now because of the bug I mentioned in
<https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2006-April/017154.html>.
I didn't put this in bugzilla but if it is something that people think
should be worked on now I will.  If this bug is fixed lots work better
but not well enough to be used effectively.

I think that automatic lot scrubbing should be disabled in 2.0.  It
would be ok to leave the manual scrubbing in for those who want to play
with it, but the automatic scrubbing causes more trouble than it's
worth.  If you want I'll put together a patch to do this (and fix some
other problems with lots).

Mike Alexander           mta at umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI            PGP key ID: BEA343A6