ANNOUNCE: Release of GnuCash 1.9.0 (unstable)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Feb 9 05:52:47 EST 2006

Navneet Karnani schrieb:
> I tried downloading the tar.gz and extracting it. Realized i had to do a
> build to install and run it. Tried that too, but it fails. Gives me some
> compilation errors related to some int fields. Anything I am doing wrong
> ? Can i get a binary release from somewhere ?

This is an unstable release, intended for developers and testers.
(Exactly as written in the announcement!) If you are not familiar with
building from source code, including with how to deal with compilation
errors, then you should not use this right now. Please wait a few months
until your distribution will offer binary packages for you.

(Having said that, you would at least have to send the full error
message here, plus the relevant version numbers of your compile
environment, like gcc, distribution, gtk versions etc)

Christian Stimming