[Gnucash-changes] r13248 - updated see r13255

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Mon Feb 13 13:41:42 EST 2006

[Neil, please remember to cc gnucash-devel for changeset discussion.]

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 04:50:56PM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Monday 13 February 2006 4:33 pm, you wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 07:12:46PM -0500, Neil Williams wrote:
> > > Author: codehelp
> > > Date: 2006-02-12 19:12:45 -0500 (Sun, 12 Feb 2006)
> > > New Revision: 13248
> > > Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/13248
>
> Wrong changeset - there have been improvements since then. See r13255

Yes, I know.  The final state is much better than this initial patch,
since just about the only thing worse than crashing is incorrect
calculations.  I saw all the changes before I wrote this, and I wrote
this in reference to the "final state".  I just chose to respond to
the first email because it had already started a thread.  Perhaps I
should have replied to the the 4th changeset.

> > 4) If you want to fix more bugs, like the
> > "infinite-loop-for-impossible-calculation" bug,
>
> You can't fix one without the other because the first bug exists as the
> original contributor's solution to the second.

I disagree.  However, even if this were true, the fix is insufficient,
since the second bug still remains, so it wouldn't have been solved by
this replacement solution.

I understand from your other email (also not cc'd to -devel) that you
don't have the time to fix this at the moment.  So, I'll go ahead and
complete steps 1-3 of my recommendation, so then the code will be
ready for you or whomever to debug the infinite-loop when they get a
chance.

-chris