[RFC Patch] Invert the program entry point

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Tue Jan 3 11:05:57 EST 2006

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 02:13:15AM -0500, David Hampton wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 01:18 -0500, Chris Shoemaker wrote:
> > I'm interested in comments on the attached patch.
>
> Looks good to me.  I just hacked together something similar in an
> attempt to get gprof to run on gnucash, but yours is much cleaner.

Glad to hear it.  Yeah, a true gnucash executable should play nicer
with gprof, and (more importantly for me) also gdb.

> > BTW, I think that one consequence of this change would be that
> > it would become much easier to move the entire start-up sequence from
> > guile to C.
>
> Agreed.

Well then, are there any user-visible differences between the
`gnucash-test` program that this patch installs and the `gnucash`
script that (eventually) calls guile?

I intend to commit it as installing `gnucash-test`, and hopefully a
few more people will try it out.  If nobody screams, how would you
feel about installing it as `gnucash` instead of `gnucash-test`?

-chris