SX editor leads to bus error

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 4 23:32:56 EST 2006

r12256 solved a lot of twitchiness I had with the SX function on
start-up, but there is still a problem for me in the normal SX editor.

Launch the editor and open a transaction for editing
click on the control that opens the pop-up for one of the transfer
accounts
pick a new account (I was switching credit cards...)
hit Return to collapse the pop-up with the new account selected
Click OK in the SX editor dialog (notice, I didn't enter/record the
change to the transaction)

After gnucash pauses for several seconds, it crashes, and the
terminal window shows:

/opt/gnc-g2-unstable/bin/gnucash: line 29: 20639 Bus
error               gnucash-bin "$@"

in r12198, this same thing happened, but the only notice I received
in the terminal was "bus error"

If I remember to enter the transaction before trying to close the
editor dialog, there is no error.
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net