Gnucash-1.9.0 developing

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sat Jan 7 10:39:50 EST 2006

Hi,

Am Samstag, 7. Januar 2006 12:11 schrieb Martin Klaffenboeck:
> There are some things that doesn't work for me at the moment, but I
> think I can try to make some patches.  Should I just poste them here or

Either submit a bug report to bugzilla http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla
or post them here. In general, for one single problem the better choice is to
create a new bugzilla entry, but please don't forget to specify your exact
SVN version there (revision nr. whatever).

If you have a patch already, it's up to you whether you post it here or attach
it to a bugzilla bug. Either one works fine, although things that require
more discussion are usually better suited in bugzilla as they tend to get
lost here on the list.

> can I have a write account for svn?

No, we are quite conservative with giving out new SVN write accounts, so for
occasional changes people are encouraged to submit patches.

> At first, the ofx importer doen't correct import my ofc files.  I would
> like to correct that because on one of my bank accounts I have a <NAME>
> Tag, which will be read as <DESCRIPTION> which is wrong, the
> <DESCRIPTION> is ignored than.

Should probably be a bugzilla entry. Note that you have to investigate whether
this is a problem of libofx (which is developed independently of gnucash, and
unfortunately currently rather slowly), or of gnucash. As a workaround for
yourself you might also consider writing a perl/sed script which changes your
ofx file...

> The second thing is, that I would like
> to implement a "[x] Always select Account" Feature.

Patches are welcome -- currently nobody is working on that part of gnucash.

> Then I have the problem that the autocompletition doesn't work in 1.9.0
> like in 1.8.12 where I had to type K:S:S for
> Kategory:Subkategory:SubsubKategory.

File a bugzilla bug report. That has been bugging me (no pun intended) for a
long time, too.

Christian