libqof variables in configure.in (Fwd: gentoo ebuild)

Martin Klaffenboeck martin.klaffenboeck at gmx.at
Mon Jan 9 06:40:58 EST 2006

Am Montag, den 09.01.2006, 10:03 +0000 schrieb Neil Williams:

> Which will cause the backend to fail because it cannot find the schema - the C
> code knows nothing of ${datadir} - that will be passed unchanged as a string.

Ok, this is not really true, for gentoo we install to another directory
from where we acutally use it.  gentoos ebuild itselfe copies it
afterwards to the place specified in ./configure, so it should run even
if it is primarily installed to another place.

> BTW. Gentoo should, IMHO, be using external QOF anyway.

It's not supported a the moment.  Maybe you can tell me a link, so I can
provide an ebuild for that, which can be installed as dependency for
default.

> No. The NONE is a figment of OSX. ${prefix} is set by the switch given
> to ./configure.

But its allowed to set prefix as a make option.  automake knows that if
you configured with

./configure --prefix=/some/dir

you can build it to

make prefix=/other/dir

This normally should work for all packages where you used automake
correctly.

Martin