[DRAFT] Proposed release schedule for 1.9.x

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Mon Jan 16 14:44:29 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 12:08 +0100, Christian Stimming wrote:

> Proposed DRAFT schedule:
> All dates are the Sunday of a weekend. It is proposed to have a release
> every three week interval; we might shorten that to shorter intervals
> (every other week, maybe).
>
>      * 1.9.0 January 29th; Initial announcement and call for venturous
> testers
>      * 1.9.1 February 19th; bugfixes
>      * 1.9.2 March 13th; String freeze; call for translations; call for
> more testers
>      * 1.9.3 April 2nd; bugfixes
>      * 1.9.4 April 23th; bugfixes
>      * maybe? 2.0.0 May 7th; big party at German LinuxTag (cstim will
> probably give a GnuCash presentation there)

I think the 1.9.0 date might be a bit aggressive, but maybe not ... I
certainly doubt we'll be at a "all pieces ported fully to g2" state, but
as you mentioned in IRC you're not suggesting that, exactly. :)

> As for additional issues that need to be solved for these 1.9.x releases:

Also, to publicize the discussion in #gnucash from a few minutes ago, it
seems like:

1/ The TODO section of the wiki should be for release-related stuff,
   though it's unclear what, exactly.

2a/ We should re-assert using Bugzilla for 1.9.x/2.x issue-tracking.

2b/ We should move the remainder of GNOME2_STATUS into Bugzilla.

This last part is the one that I wanted to get sync on.  I'm proposing
that I will move the GNOME2_STATUS line-items into Bugzilla and remove
the file from SVN (clean up Wiki references to it, &c) on, let's say,
Thursday night (19 Jan).  Objections?  Devs, please flush any
un-committed GNOME2_STATUS changes.

--
...jsled