failing configure..

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Sun Jan 22 10:24:23 EST 2006

Hi,

On Sunday, 22 Jan 2006, 14:55 CET, Tor Harald Thorland wrote:
> The only problem here is that the g-wrap package depends on the g-wrap
> runtime wich again dep on libffi, wich again dep on gcc base wich
> ...... again..... And changing the gcc package breaks 800 other
> packages...

Well, I do not understand your dep chain, looking at:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/interpreters/g-wrap
(1.9.6-3, depends on libgwrap-runtime0-dev (= 1.9.6-3))

http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/libdevel/libgwrap-runtime0-dev
(1.9.6-3, depends on libffi4-dev)

http://packages.ubuntu.com/breezy/libdevel/libffi4-dev
(4.0.1-4ubuntu9, is a breezy package)

So maybe it is possible to install g-wrap without dist-upgrading.

Btw, citing www.ubuntulinux.org, "Ubuntu will make a new release
every six months.". I do not know the exact date, expect it to be
directly after a release, the ubuntu drivers vote/choose a name for
the next release (will be Dapper Drake this time).

-- andi5