QSF Import glade problems

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 04:43:26 EST 2006

On Sunday 22 January 2006 10:05 pm, David Hampton wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-01-22 at 21:27 +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
> > Is there a usable tool for editing src/gnome/glade/merge.glade ?
>
> glade-2.

I'm running glade-2: 2.12.1.

> > Glade itself only reads the first window and ignores the rest,
>
> Open a druid window by double clicking on it.  The back/forward buttons

do not appear! :-) I simply get a blank window.

> work to navigate through the pages.  You can use "View->Show Widget
> Tree" and navigate directly to any widget.

The widget tree contains only MergeDruid.

However, when I load account.glade, several druids appear in the main window
and lots of widgets appear in the widget tree. Yet the Hierarchy Druid in
account.glade does not have any content either. I can load the Account Dialog
and view all the widgets, but none of the druids. Even Account Picker is
blank.

Running glade-2 from the console helped:
WARNING **: Glade has been compiled without support for Gnome

# apt-get install glade-gnome-2

replaces glade-2 with one capable of also handling gnome.

> You really don't want to edit these files by hand.

(Agreed!!)

OK, with the gnome version of glade installed, everything is as you describe.

Thanks David.

--

Neil Williams