[Gnucash-changes] r12929 - gnucash/trunk - Need to add a PATH for the tests to succeed.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 23 17:45:54 EST 2006

Chris Shoemaker <c.shoemaker at cox.net> writes:

> Ok, that explains it.  It was working for me because it was actually
> finding the 1.8.12 version of gnucash-run-script in the path!  Oops.

Yea, that would explain it..

>> I'll also note that this test will fail if "guile" isn't in your path,
>> so we might want to add "../overrides" into the path as well so we
>> get the proper guile path.
>
> This test is just obsolete, or at least pretty close to it.  We don't
> want to depend on finding 'guile' in the path and we don't need to
> test the ability to find and run guile.  We don't use it.  I don't
> think we even use gnucash-run-script.

Well, if we're going to continue shipping this script we should
test it.  The way to make sure the test works would be to add
to the PATH:  ../overrides

> If any of this isn't true today, I think it will be one day soon.

The other option is to stop distributing the gnucash-run-script.  I
have no idea what it's used for or indeed if anyone uses it.