Trouble compiling from SVN

Thomas Favier tfavier at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 19:01:20 EST 2006

Hi Tor and David,

On 24/01/06, Tor Harald Thorland <linux at strigen.com> wrote:
> David Hampton wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 10:39 +0100, Thomas Favier wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm trying to build GNUCash from
> >> http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/trunk r12965 on an Ubuntu 5.10.
> >>
> >> (snip)
> >>
> >> It seems to me that gtkclist.h and gtkoptionmenu.h are not included or
> >> something like that, but it seems really strange if so that i'm alone
> >> with that problem...
> >>
> >> Could someone tell me where to look for a solution ?
> >>

> > It looks like you passed the --disable-deprecated-gtk argument to
> > configure.  Don't.  Gnucash still uses some widgets (specifically the
> > GtkClist and GtkOptionMenu) that have been marked as deprecated.

Thanks a lot ! That solved my problem.

> I used to build it on ubuntu 5.10 Breezy. It is not possible anymore due
> to the G-wrap packages. See my other thread the last week: Re: Failing
> make on svn

I have thouroughly read that thread, but I however succeded in
building GNUCash on my Ubuntu 5.10.  How : not all g-wrap related
packages are installed (g-wrap not installed and libgwrapguile-dev
installed) :
---
$  dpkg -l | grep -E '(gwr|g-w)'
ii  guile-g-wrap                           1.9.6-2ubuntu2
         scripting interface generator for C - Guile
ii  libgwrap-runtime0                      1.9.6-2ubuntu2
         scripting interface generator for C - runtim
ii  libgwrapguile-dev                      1.3.4-14
         Development package for libgwrapguile1
ii  libgwrapguile1                         1.3.4-14
         g-wrap: Tool for exporting C libraries into
---

With that set of packages, GNUCash builds, however i have problems
running it. It starts, show the title screen and  main windows and
then blows up :

---
tom at paul:~/Projets/GNUCash/usr/bin$ ./gnucash

This is a development version. It may or may not work.
Report bugs and other problems to gnucash-devel at gnucash.org.
You can also lookup and file bug reports at http://bugzilla.gnome.org
The last stable version was GnuCash 1.8.12
The next stable version will be GnuCash 2.0

Backtrace:
In current input:
   1: 0* [gnc:main]
In /home/tom/Projets/GNUCash/usr/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/main.scm:
 423: 1* (gnc:report-menu-setup)

/home/tom/Projets/GNUCash/usr/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/main.scm:423:3:
In expression (gnc:report-menu-setup):
/home/tom/Projets/GNUCash/usr/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/main.scm:423:3:
Unbound variable: gnc:report-menu-setup
---

I tried to play with scheme includes and it solves that problem but
shows another include problem.

When i comment out all report related lines in main.scm, i'm able to
use GNUCash, but i'm not able to open a file, due to another include
problem (Unbound variable: gnc:html-encode-string).

Does anyone knows if having played with g-wrap might be a source of
scheme includes problems ?

TIA.

Thomas.