Can't open data file in r14202

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 1 15:05:19 EDT 2006

On Jun 1, 2006, at 1:33 AM, David Reiser wrote:

> On May 31, 2006, at 10:28 PM, Chris Shoemaker wrote:
>
>> On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 10:17:24PM -0400, David Reiser wrote:
>>>

>> This module is loaded using gmodule.  I don't know if gmodule uses
>> libltdl.
>>

> and the latest comment from Peter O'Gorman:
> "Ensure that the Makefile.am for this module has the -module flag
> for the
> library's _la_LDFLAGS and rerun automake. Then cross your fingers and
> home that nothing actually puts -lfoo on the link line."
>
> The -module flag is there already. :(

And the latest comment from Peter:
"Heh, I bet they still ahve a configure check for darwin that does a sed
on the generated libtool script to always build dylibs. I added that
years ago, and it always worked because I controlled how things were
loaded etc by being fink's maintainer of libtool and guile etc.

It is probably time to remove that hack now :)"

So I commented out his sed patch (diff attached), and r14287
configures, compiles, and runs without the post install symlink.

I take it that Peter's comment about hoping nothing puts -lfoo on the
link line means that it's the .so which will cause my system to barf
if some other routine tries to link to it?

Dave