What do we do with the reports?

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Jun 20 16:23:34 EDT 2006

Dear all,

in March I already complained about some of the current reports in SVN (see
mail on 2006-03-19). This concerns the "Account Summary", the "balance
sheet", and the "income/expense statement". I think the current code is
- very slow, by a factor of 3-4
- looks ugly
- and doesn't show what people want (at least not what I want).

As a test, I tried the old (1.8.x) form of the account summary report and
compared it to what we currently have in SVN. With the attached patch you can
do the same - it's basically the same as "svn merge -rHEAD:10433
src/report/standard-reports/account-summary.scm". Try it, test the time it
takes to compute the report, check out the look -- then please say which one
you like better. (As you might guess, I like the old form much better.)
Thanks.

Christian