Trouble compiling g-wrap

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 22 11:29:37 EDT 2006

Personally I just ignore "make check" from g-wrap..  I honestly have
no idea where the (unit-test) module lives.  I don't seem to have it
on my system, either.  But I've never run g-wrap's "make check"
in my life....

Secondly, you probably don't need to configure or make as root;
you can do it as yourself.  "make install" might need to be done
as root, depending on where you put g-wrap.  Pesonally, when I
build something I put it into /opt/<pkg>; so I su root, mkdir /opt/<pkg>
and then "chmod warlord /opt/pkg" so that I don't need to be root to
install it.

I WILL note that g-wrap 1.9.6 really doesn't like being given a weird
prefix; g-wrap-config doesn't know that it needs to reset
PKG_CONFIG_PATH to make sure it can find the build-and-installed
g-wrap.pkg.  There are certainly ways to work around this problem, but
you should be aware of it.  Unfortunately Rotty continues to be
unresponsive.

-derek

Bernie <bernie-lists at xs4all.nl> writes:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Maye someone can point me out what's going wrong in the g-wrap installation
> process:
>
> I've made a clean install of Suse Linux 10.1 and now I want to reinstall the
> latest GNUcash svn in order to continue to work on the dutch translation. For
> this I need G-wrap of which I downloaded the latest source code. 1.9.6
>
> As root I do:
> ./configure
> make
> make check
>
> The first 2 commands seem to work ok, however make check gives me 4 out of 4
> failed checks!
> Please see output of above commands below. What is going wrong ??? (needless
> to say GNUCash doesn't compile yet because of g-wrap errors.)
[snip]