windows trial: yet more updates

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Mar 7 12:05:16 EST 2006

News from the windows front: I have been able to compile and link the
shared libraries in src/engine, which implies all its requirements were
built successfully as well.

However, the g-wrap wrapper generator somehow didn't work quite right on
windows, so I copied a fully built tree from linux and disabled the
regeneration of the wrapper files. Also, I disabled a whole lot of other
stuff. Attached is the current diff (as of 1.9.2). One would use this to
build a tree on Linux, then copy it to windows or (as I did) access that
very same tree via SAMBA from windows.

More notes on http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows .

My configure line on windows was

./configure --disable-error-on-warning LDFLAGS="-L/lib -L/mingw/lib
-L/C/WINNT/system32 -lwsock32 -lregex"
PKG_CONFIG=/c/GTK2-8-10/bin/pkg-config CFLAGS="-I/usr/include
-I/usr/local/include" LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/c/GTK2-8-10/lib
PATH="/c/GTK2-8-10/bin:$PATH"

and the attached patch was applied before creating the Linux build.

Christian