Question on modifing User Guide

Dave Herman dvherman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 14:04:08 EST 2006

Prompted by setting up simple account tree for testing and several
questions here and on the user list, I started to review
the GnuCash User Guide.  While I am not a "tech writer", I could assist
by updating some of the screen shots and adding
some examples.  I expect there are many others "readers" who could
contribute examples or just FAQs with answers.

It, the User Guide does need to be updated, which raised a couple of
what are probably very basic questions.

I am able to create an updated HTML User Guide by doing a  make in the
gnucash-doc-svn  directory,  how do I generate
the PDF files?

Are the existing screen shots reasonably stable?

Is there a list of "standard" Names - GnuCash/GNUCash/GNUcash ? GnuCash
seems to be most accepted correct ?

How should updates be feedback ?  svn -diff only resulted in errors.
Would a tarball of a chapter and associated image fies
be the preferred method?

any suggestions or recommendations?

Dave

P.S. I started on the chapter on Investments (Chapter 8).  Sales for
gains & loss seem to be an issue.