GC, QOF and queries

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Thu Nov 2 08:47:30 EST 2006

I have started working on a gda backend and am starting with a QofQuery
-> SQL translator.  I assume no one else has such a beast (there is a
SQL -> QofQuery translator as part of QOF.  When we get an SQL backend,
it won't make sense to translate SQL -> QofQuery -> SQL).  I have also
looked at the pattern of queries.  When GC starts, there is only one
query - for bills which need to be paid.  There is no query for the
account tree, for example.  GC must assume that session_begin loads the
account tree.

Is this expected behaviour?  I had assumed that everything would be
queried for.

Secondly, I looked at the begin/commit edit behaviour when an account
was being created.  There was a *lot* of begin/commit activity on the
commodity, including some cases of begin/commit/commit.  Is this
expected behaviour?

Phil