Identifying this gnucash 2.02 error on intel MacOSX using darwinports

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Tue Nov 14 05:52:56 EST 2006

Matthew Swabey wrote:
> Could you guys point me in the right direction to identify the source of
> this bug.
Yes. :)
I just got bit by that too, it's not intel specific. It's also not a gnucash
problem per se.

I finally gave up on fink yesterday and installed Macports in order to
install Gnucash, left it compiling overnight but this morning I get the same
error as you when trying to launch.

> I am not sure if the problem lies in guile or the g-wrap or slib
The problem is slib, version 3a4 breaks gnucash and other packages[1], you
need to downgrade to 3a3, at least that's what I'm trying (although trac
suggests this has been fixed[2], I've no idea how long it takes patches to
filter through to the released version).

There have already been messages here on how to fix this issue, this message
and the following thread should get you there:
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2006-November/018129.html

[1] http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/11017
[2] http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/11015

I'm currently rebuilding everything that depended on slib with:
sudo port -fR upgrade slib

Simply downgrading slib didn't seem to be enough:
ERROR: In procedure open-file:
ERROR: No such file or directory: "/opt/local/share/guile/1.6/slib/mklibcat"

HTH

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>