Has guile version check changed?

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 21 14:19:36 EDT 2006

On Oct 21, 2006, at 12:29 PM, Chris Shoemaker wrote:

> What do you get from:
> $ guile16-build env PATH=/opt/bin:$PATH $GUILE_CONFIG --version

% guile16-build env PATH=/opt/bin:$PATH $GUILE_CONFIG --version
tcsh: GUILE_CONFIG: Undefined variable.

% guile16-build env PATH=/opt/bin:$PATH guile-config --version
env: guile-config: No such file or directory

% guile16-build env LIBRARY_PATH=/sw/lib CPATH=/sw/include
$GUILE_CONFIG --version
tcsh: GUILE_CONFIG: Undefined variable.

% guile16-build env LIBRARY_PATH=/sw/lib CPATH=/sw/include guile-
config --version
guile-config - Guile version 1.6.7

so having another PATH command is overriding the guile16-build
settings. Rats. I suppose I could just install swig in /usr/local
(but that will eventually give me trouble with fink).

I did switch to bash, and it seemed to be giving at least similar
results.

> Do you have an older guile in /opt/bin?

Nope. If I had an older guile, it would be in /sw, but it is not
installed.

--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net