bugs + wishlist

Dave Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 23 13:49:31 EDT 2006

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Bob Hunter <catdogbeloved at yahoo.com> writes:
>
>>> "total in report currency" column
>> I can see it now. A new column appears on the right
>> side, however, its values are null. I think gnucash
>> should download the conversion rates automatically,
>> but it does not. I added the currencies in the Price
>> Editor, then enabled the relevant accounts to get
>> online quotes. The values were still null. Then I
>> selected Get Quotes in the Price Editor, enabled the
>> firewall, and got this message: "There was a system
>> error while retrieving the price quotes". Oddly
>> enough, the system is up and running. The error
>> message is as good as it gets...
>
> It means you don't have Finance::Quote installed properly.
>
> -derek
And that's harder using Fink than you'd think. The version Bob has is
probably 1.08. Version 1.12 is available only in the unstable tree at
the moment (and only since last week). The crypt-ssleay issue delayed it
for a while. At least it won't get stuck in unstable forever, as the
Apple supplied openssl will allow both f-q and ssleay to escape crypto
classification.

For perl modules, I almost think the fink folk ought to instruct users
about CPAN...

Dave
--
David Reiser