The payment amount must be greater than zero

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 20 10:36:06 EDT 2007

Vahur Lokk <vahur.lokk at gmail.com> writes:

> As for the abovementioned payment-merging process, this is in itself an
> architectural mistake that has to be overwritten sooner or later.
> Multiple-payment system that does not allow for picking
> non-consequential invoices to be paid just does not survive in a real
> life very long.
> Negative payment should never look like invoice, but exactly what it is,
> negative payment, correction of a mistake. The same applies to negative
> invoice.

I eagerly await your patch to correct this "mistake"!  (See my previous
email to Patrik).

> I quite understand, that Gnucash is in a painful transition process from
> personal finance program to SMB accounting program and such glitches are
> obviously a burden of its past. Maybe 3.0? 4.0?

See, this is where you're not quite right.  Gnucash really is a little
schizophrenic here; it's not sure if it wants to be a Personal finance
program or a Small Business finance program.  It's really trying to be
both.  It's NOT trying to "transition" to being ONLY a business finance
program.

Having said that; the business features SHOULD be better; but I have
no time to work on them and nobody else has really come forward to
spend the many man-months of effort required to bring it up to snuff.
But no, as a whole, I cannot say that gnucash is transitioning as you
suggest it is.   Sorry.