Translation updates needed (was: Re: PO file typos, the more difficult ones)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Dec 27 16:05:43 EST 2007

Hi Clytie,

some of the open issues have been solved by now. I'll record those below. They
will change a few strings, so we kindly ask for all translators to update
their translations.

As translator, you have the following options to obtain the very latest
translation template pot file currently:

* You could download and build the latest 2.2-branch source code directly from
our SVN server, see http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/SVN

* For your convenience, we've already merged your latest translation with the
very latest pot file. The resulting, probably incomplete, translation po file
can be downloaded from our SVN server here:
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/branches/2.2/po

* If you prefer to merge your latest translation with the very latest pot file
yourself, you can download today's pot file from here:
http://www.gnucash.org/gnucash.pot

Either way, any updated po file can be submitted as a gzip'd file directly to
our mailing list gnucash-devel at gnucash.org. We will happily add this to our
SVN server and it will surely be included in the next release of gnucash.

Thank you very much!

Christian

Following is the list of solved string change issues:

Am Sonntag, 23. Dezember 2007 23:14 schrieb Christian Stimming:
> > 15. Please clarify the problem with these strings. Currently, we are
> > unlikely to be able to translate them usefully.
> >
> > #.Translators FIXME: It is unclear whether these strings should
> > #.really be translated, and if yes, into which translation.
> > #: ../src/import-export/qif/qif-parse.c:102
> > msgid "type:bank"
> > msgstr ""
> >
> > #: ../src/import-export/qif/qif-parse.c:103
> > msgid "type:cash"
> > msgstr ""
> > (...)
>
> The whole program part in the directory import-export/qif/* is a
> not-yet-completed feature and unusued currently.

We've removed all strings of the file qif/qif-parse.c completely from
translation. Hence, those questionable strings don't show up in the pot
anymore.

> > 26.
> > #.src/report/standard-reports/cash-flow.scm
> > #: ../intl-scm/guile-strings.c:1352
> > #, c-format
> > msgid "%s - %s to %s for"
> >
> > Please include a msgctxt string or comment explaining what the
> > placeholders stand for.
>
> I've just looked up for myself in the source: This is the title string of
> the report page.

This title string is now built in a different way, eliminating this dubious
translation. It has been removed from the pot file.