Modules and GnuCash (was: MacIntel trunk build failure)

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Thu Feb 15 13:03:47 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 12:43 -0500, Peter McAlpine wrote:
> And so I pose this question: is GnuCash to have a modular design or
> not? If yes, then the modules need to be ripped apart and made to use
> a strict interface. If no, then the GNCModule code should be ripped
> out and everything should (go back?) to being treated as a library.

No, we don't need runtime loadable {G,GNC}Modules.  We should just have
a collection of shared libraries.  Features and apps are configured at
buildtime, not runtime.

We might want to change that in the future, but we'd probably do it
differently.  We'll win much more than we lose by removing the GNCModule
stuff.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org;echo ${a}@${b}