GnuCash 2.0.5 Release: Debian??

Thomas Bushnell BSG tb at becket.net
Mon Feb 19 18:14:38 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 12:48 -0500, Richard Kleeman wrote:
> Anyone know when the Debian testing will update from 2.0.2??

Currently Debian is in a freeze, preparing the next release of the
entire system, codenamed "etch".

Testing now only has updates which meet stringent criteria for inclusion
into the new release. If there are particular bug fixes which you think
are sufficiently important to be pushed into etch, and which can be
backported to 2.0.2, then please let me know by posting appropriate bugs
with supporting information to the Debian BTS.

The Release Managers have requested that maintainers not upload packages
to unstable which are not ultimately destined for etch. This is not an
ironclad rule, but it is a request that I intend to keep unless there is
a particularly good reason for not doing so. If unstable gets a new
non-etch-destined package, and then an etch-destined update must be
made, it won't be able to be made into unstable, and so it will not get
as much testing as we normally hope for before sliding into etch.

There is also the "experimental" distribution, and it is possible to
upload anything there without causing any trouble. I have not, however,
had any requests to upload a more recent gnucash into experimental.
Doing so takes some work for me and others, so if you would like it,
please open an appropriate bug on the BTS explaining what particular
advantages it would have for you.

Thomas