ChangeLog

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Thu Feb 22 09:43:08 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 20:19 -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 20:13 -0500, Josh Sled wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 20:06 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > > As of 2.2 the plan is to automate the ChangeLog entries as part
> > > of "make dist".  This still wont have the per-file information you
> > > seem to want, but I believe the format does have revision numbers
> > > which allows for easily looking up the information in Trac.
> >
> > FWIW, here's a sample of the output from `make ChangeLog.svn` on trunk:
> > The thing we lose is the function-level information.
>
> Presumably it would be easy to get that information if it were recorded
> in the svn info in the first place, right?

Yes, in fact it's nearly exactly as if it was in the ChangeLog; all
we've really done is change which is the "system of record", as we all
got tired of manually copy-and-pasting ChangeLog messages to the
commit-log (or vice-versa).  And the changed-file list itself can be
more conveniently, correctly and completely generated from the version
control system.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org;echo ${a}@${b}