How about plans for a 2.1.x/2.2.0 release?

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Thu Feb 22 19:36:30 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 16:20 +0100, Christian Stimming wrote:
> For that reason, I would propose unstable/beta releases as early as
> mid-March, and planning for a stable 2.2.0 release in mid-May. What do
> you think?

I like it.  I hope we can do with at only ~4 releases ... on 2-week
cycles, that's 8 weeks.  Starting mid-March, that puts us -- as you say
-- at mid-May.  If we get it out earlier, that'd be great, but this
sounds like a reasonable timeframe.

The SX rewrite stuff should be readily closed out in the next couple of
weeks, though I doubt that gives prock time to both get modularization
fixed and subsequently finish his SX-based-budget work. :(  At the same
time, the sooner we get 2.2 out, the sooner we can talk about 2.4. :)

> With regards to the ideas about Summer of Code, I think those projects
> would be good for after-2.2.0, which IMHO is yet another reason to plan
> for a 2.2.0 before the summer. Also, I know a 2.2.0 in May probably
> means the register-rewrite won't make it this time, which is indeed
> unfortunate, but OTOH there are already enough other features which
> would IMHO justify a new stable series.

All very pragmatic; sounds right.

--
...jsled