GnuCash / PocketPC

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 9 10:50:05 EST 2007

Hi,

The only major difference in file format between Win32 and Unix that
that Win32 doesn't handle compressed (gzip'ed) data files.

As for building the PocketPC software..  You're welcome to work
on something like that.  I dont think we have a clear idea of
import or export.  There was one project to use QOF/QSF as
the import/export methods; you're welcome to retake that
approach.

There are other open source financial applications.  I know of no open
XML formats.  I dont know whether we should create one, and even if we
did I dont see any reason to switch to it unless there is major buy-in
from other applications.  But I don't see that happening, either.
It's not like Intuit would join -- if they did, well, that would be a
major reason to switch, but I don't see Intuit or Microsoft following
OUR lead.

-derek